Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Big Flood

My hair is blonde (just in case its been too long since you last saw me and you couldn't remember) and I have been long overdue for a blonde moment. Well, I guess the blonde fairy decided to throw all the blonde moments I was overdue for and throw it into one day. So the new blonde joke is...

So there is this blonde girl. Her husband left the water running on some frozen chicken for it to defrost. In a gallant attempt to save the planet, she pluggs the sink for it to fill up so that no more of the world's water supply would be wasted. Then she gets in the shower. When she gets out she is confused when she still hears water running. "That's funny," she says, "Why do I hear water running when I just turned it off?"

Yep, that happened. I ran into the kitchen to find water over-flowing from the sink and inches of water slopping around my entire kitchen. Yep. The whole thing. Not just some corners. I spent the remainder of my day frantically running around ringing and drying. It would have been an optimal picture moment but in all my franticness I forgot to pause and take a picture but it looked a little something like this:

 
(Thanks to Model Rebecca Tan for this reinactment)

Paul came home from work to find me like this:
Wait! It gets better. Later that night I slipped while attempting to clean my turtle's cage and the whole thing shattered into tiny little pieces AND I cut my finger while trying to clean it up.


After that I just gave up on accomplishing anything that day. I sat on the couch and watched TV for the remainder of the evening. I thought it would be in everyone's best interest if I didn't touch anything else.

5 comments:

  1. uh, is that first picture real?? I'm super confused!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and just to clarify that 'hahaha' was meant in a loving tone. the type that comes out when i hear how megan burned down your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shannon-No girl, that is a model. It's just to give you a visual image of what it looked like.

    Tracey-Your comments made me laugh :). We miss you guys too! Do you know Paul still has a video on his phone of the two of us laughing in our Athletics committee meeting? I LOVE that video. I'm gonna send it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please do! Those were some fun times

    ReplyDelete